UniCourt is searching for a Manager, Software Engineering who can lead a team of Web Development and QA Engineers in charge of building the B2C – Web Application for our Consumer segment and Legal-Data-APIs for our Enterprise segment which include large Law Firms and Fortune-500 Companies. UniCourt caters to the needs of thousands of users to research Legal Data and utilize Analytics to grow their businesses. Built on open source platforms like PHP and NodeJS helps our customers find what they are looking for by subscribing to our SaaS offering, allowing them to track cases, order court documents and integrate with their applications via UniCourt APIs.
About the Job
Our company creates some of the world’s most cutting-edge software solutions in the legal industry. We solve difficult problems, work on innovative technology, and build world-class platforms for people and enterprises to interact with court records and other public data sets. With some of the best minds in the industry, we’re one of the most sought-after learning and career destinations in the world of legal tech. If you’re looking to work at a company with opportunities to forge your career path in technology, UniCourt is the right place for you.
UniCourt is a leader in making court data more accessible and useful with our Legal Data as a Service (LDaaS). We provide real-time access to court data through our APIs and online app for business development and intelligence, litigation analytics, litigation tracking, case research, investigations, background checks, due diligence, compliance, underwriting, machine learning models, and process automation.
We provide access to court data from state and federal courts to a diverse list of clients, including Fortune 500 companies and AmLaw firms and industries such as legal, insurance, finance, investigations, government, education, nonprofits, and consumers.
UniCourt is a legal technology company focused on using technology to unlock the potential of legal data. We are based in both California and Mangalore, India and our team includes legal professionals, data scientists, physicists, computer engineers, and sales and marketing professionals
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a team of Developers and QA Engineers
- Plan sprints and releases by prioritizing tasks/bugs to be included in a sprint after discussion with stakeholders
- Clearly define the requirements, user stories for a feature and work with the technical team to come up with functionality, proposals & time estimates to get approval for implementation
- Involve yourself in steps from initial concept, functional specification, writing of preliminary documentation and testing of the final feature
- Enforce the SDLC & bring in process improvements in development, testing, and deployment, and have streamlined well-defined process
- Ensure high quality of the product with QA engineers to implement different testing methodologies like regression/automation/performance tests and review test plans.
- Review release checklist & standardize reports to be submitted with every release
- Work with Product Managers, Business Analysts to discuss Product roadmap plans and set delivery timelines.
- Work with Support Engineers to enhance product’s user experience based on users feedback, provide assistance on client queries, and get on calls with clients when needed.
- Collect Web Application usage metrics and improve user experience using data driven approach
- Be the point of contact for dependencies with other teams – Coordinate and resolve issues
- Work closely with team members to ensure timely deliverables, communicate team status, task accomplishment, and intervene when necessary to help the team in resolving issues.
- Integrate with external services to enable product features like authentication, subscription, payments, CRM support etc
- Bachelor / Master’s Degree in Engineering
- 8+ years of work experience in the IT/Tech Industry
- 2+ years of product management experience
- Experienced in using Project Management tools like Jira, Confluence
- Should have started his/her career as a Developer & progressed to the role of a Tech Lead and Project Manager
- Experience in using Redis store, RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Experience in building complex web applications involving 1000+ connected users
- Experienced with use of Nginx or other web servers and access log analysis using ELK/Kibana, capturing UI performance metrics, debugging, performance tuning of web and mobile applications
- Experience in payment gateway integration, subscription management, invoicing on credit cards and bank accounts
- Experience in integrating with CRM applications and customer support
- Experience working with clients in USA via email and web meeting
- Experience using cloud providers like AWS, GCP, Azure, etc
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
- Ability to do a quick code review
- Familiarity with Microservices architecture and CI/CD pipelines
- DevOps for build and release
- Familiarity with designing REST APIs with OpenAPI spec documentation and building blazing fast APIs is a plus
- Familiarity with building Mobile apps is a plus