Our company creates some of the world’s most cutting-edge software solutions in the legal industry. We solve difficult problems, work on innovative technology, and build world-class platforms for people and enterprises to interact with court records and other public data sets. With some of the best minds in the industry, we’re one of the most sought-after learning and career destinations in the world of legal tech. If you’re looking to work at a company with opportunities to forge your career path in technology, UniCourt is the right place for you.
Our customers write complex SQL like queries to search from billions of court records and other public records data sets. We are in search of a Senior Python Developer to join our Search team to optimize our data pipeline; to process and index terabytes of structured legal data and make it searchable for our customers through serverless REST APIs.
- Make enhancements to the core functionalities of the Search framework to load, process and index the exponentially growing legal data set.
Mandatory Skill Sets
- 3 – 6 years of relevant experience
- Experience in any of the search engines like ElasticSearch, Apache Lucene/Solr, etc
- Experience working with Docker and containerizing Python applications
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming in Python
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience using memory profiling and time profiling in Python for performance optimization
- Good understanding of data structures in Python and time complexity
- Experience in Python web frameworks (e.g., Django and Flask)
- Experience in REST API design and development. API contracts and Swagger definition/implementation.
- Experience with any Public Cloud Services like AWS, GCP, Azure
- Good understanding of managing large data sets in RDBMS like PostgreSQL
- Good knowledge of writing PostgreSQL stored procedures
- Experience in debugging database slow queries and performance optimization in PostgreSQL
Good to have skills
- Experience in GO
- Experience with serverless
- Experience writing Kubernetes manifest files to deploy the docker images through a CI/CD pipeline
- Experience integrating with Amazon Web Services (AWS) services like S3 and Lambda
- Experience with ETL i.e. Extract, Transform & Load
- Experience with Celery
- Experience with RabbitMQ and REDIS
- Familiarity with Swagger, Kibana, and Sentry
- Estimating SLI, SLO of your application
- Knowledge of Event-Driven Architecture