UniCourt is searching for a Manager, Software Engineering who can lead a team of Web Development and QA Engineers in charge of building the B2C – Web/Mobile Application for our Consumer segment and Legal-Data-APIs for our Enterprise segment which include large Law Firms and Fortune-500 Companies. UniCourt caters to the needs of thousands of users to research Legal Data and utilize Analytics to grow their businesses. Built on open source platforms like PHP and NodeJS helps our customers find what they are looking for by subscribing to our SaaS offering, allowing them to track cases, order court documents and integrate with their applications via UniCourt APIs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage multiple teams of Developers, QA Engineers, UI/UX Designers and Business Analysts.
- Plan sprints and releases by prioritizing tasks/bugs to be included in a sprint after discussion with stakeholders
- Clearly define the requirements, user stories for a feature and work with the technical team to come up with functionality, proposals & time estimates to get approval for implementation
- Involve yourself in steps from initial concept, UX/UI design, functional specification, writing of preliminary documentation and testing of the final feature
- Enforce the SDLC & bring in process improvements in development, testing, and deployment, and have streamlined well-defined process
- Ensure high quality of the product with QA engineers to implement different testing methodologies like regression/automation/performance tests and review test plans. Review / approve UAT by Business Analysts.
- Review release checklist & standardize reports to be submitted with every release
- Work with Product Managers, Business Analysts to discuss Product roadmap plans and set delivery timelines.
- Work with Support Engineers to enhance product’s user experience based on users feedback, provide assistance on client queries, and get on calls with clients when needed.
- Collect UI usage metrics and improve user experience using data driven approach
- Be the point of contact for dependencies with other teams – Coordinate and resolve issues
- Work closely with team members to ensure timely deliverables, communicate team status, task accomplishment, and intervene when necessary to help the team in resolving issues.
- Integrate with external services to enable product features like authentication, subscription, payments, CRM support etc
- Bachelor / Master’s Degree in Engineering
- 8+ years of work experience in the IT/Tech Industry
- 2+ years of product management experience
- Experienced in using Project Management tools like Jira, Confluence
- Should have started his/her career as a Developer & progressed to the role of a Tech Lead and Project Manager
- Experience in Mobile application development on hybrid cross-platform Android / iOS and mobile web browsers
- Experience in using Redis store, RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Experience in building complex web applications involving 1000+ connected users
- Experience in leading designers to come up with best UX design for Web and Mobile users, coming up with proposal for MVP and early feedback from users
- Experienced with use of Nginx or other web servers and access log analysis using ELK/Kibana, capturing UI performance metrics, debugging, performance tuning of web and mobile applications
- Experience in payment gateway integration, subscription management, invoicing on credit cards and bank accounts
- Experience in integration of Oauth, social sign-in and MFA
- Experience in integrating with CRM applications and customer support
- Experience working with clients in USA via email and web meeting
- Experience using cloud providers like AWS, GCP, Azure, etc
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
- Ability to do a quick code review
- Familiarity with Microservices architecture and CI/CD pipelines
- REST APIs and Open API Spec documentation
- DevOps for build and release